Yonkers Public Schools Mission, Core Values and Goals
Mission: The Yonkers Public School district is committed to preparing all learners for the opportunities of today and tomorrow in a culture of inquiry. All are encouraged to take initiative for their own development, think critically, actively listen, participate fully and acquire decision making and leadership skills.
Core Values: Everyone in Yonkers Public Schools will:
- Treat all with dignity and respect
- Make every decision guided by student achievement
- Develop the ‘whole child’
- Support every educator in the pursuit of learning for professional growth
- Connect the school, home, and community in all activities
- Involve all in student success
Goal 1 – Student Achievement
- Provide curricula that fosters high levels of student achievement that embed 21st Century Skills.
Goal 2 – Professional Development
- Continue to develop and enhance current practices and efforts in order to ensure teacher growth leading to enhanced student learning outcomes.
Goal 3 – Data Driven Culture
- Create a school wide culture based on high expectations and accountability.
Goal 4 – Student Needs
- Establish a community that supports students with diverse social and emotional needs for student growth and development.
Goal 5 – Stakeholder Involvement/Engagement
- Develop the family and the community infrastructure to support student success.