Welcome to a new and exciting year IN SCHOOL. Posted below is a list of materials your child will need to be prepared and successful in Grade 8 ELA
- one folder labeled as ELA
- a minimum of four pens (black or blue ink ONLY)
- a highlighter
- Post- it notes (2 packs)
- Standard Binder (It can be shared with other subjects)
- a black and white composition notebook
- markers, scissors, glue and crayons
- USB (highly recommended, but not mandatory)
YMA Grade 8 ELA GRADING POLICY is as follows
30% Homework Assignments
25% Tests and Quizzes
20% Projects (essay, presentation, speech, etc.)*
15% Class Participation
10% Completed Journal
*Most projects given take up to 3-8 weeks. This is why I do not accept late or make up assignments, without a note of by your parent/guardian. Parents: please keep track of assignments your child is given. Homework is given almost every night and can be found on Microsoft Teams.
- Come to class on time.
- Respect yourself, by respecting your peers and me our teacher. MASKS ARE MANDATORY and are expected to be worn throughout the entire ELA class time.
- Come to class with a Positive Attitude .
- Communicate: Verbally in a note via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone 914-709-5513.
ANNOUCEMENT: Our first class novel will be Inside Out and Back Again by Thanhha Lai and is due no later than, Friday, October 1st