YMA Daily Announcements
Today is Tuesday, October 3, 2023
For all students it is an “B” day.
At this time, will everyone please stop what they are doing and stand for the Pledge of Allegiance.
The focus of the month for October is
The Power School window for grades 7-12 is open for IPR comments an will close on Friday, October 13th at the end of the school day.
Reminder Sub-Folders are due this Friday:
Pk-3 to Ms. Perrington in the south wing
4 – 12 to Ms. Vezzuto in the north wing
- Mercy University will be here today during 7th period to meet with interested student. Any questions see Mr. Ricart.
- Attention YMA High school students, looking to earn volunteer hours, get involved in some after school activities, have some fun, join YMA’s Eagle Squad. The Eagle Squad is a volunteer organization that supports our YMA sports programs with set up, sound system work, etc. Join us for a brief informational meeting at 12 noon this Thursday in Café B. For more information please see one of our Eagle Squad Captains, Joseph Rabadi, Enya Barrett, Janaye Foster or see Mr. DeMatteo.
- The following H.S. Clubs will meet directly afterschool today:
- Athletic Homework Help - G25 & G33
- Senior Siblings - G33
- YMA Websites and Social Media- 204
- Publishing - G18
- Debate - G08
- On Saturday The YMA Boys Varsity Soccer Team picked up their second win of the season by beating the Obama school 8-1.
- The YMA Lady Eagles Soccer Team defeated Alexander Hamilton yesterday in a 3-2 victory. Goals were scored by Mia Gutierrez, Grace Gleeson and Kate Comar. Assists were made by Grace Gleeson and Kate Comar. Please wish the lady eagles good luck today as they face Yonkers High in the city championship finals!
The word of the day is:
For our Montessori Mindfulness Moment of Reflection
Courage is the commitment to begin without any guarantee of success.