Degrees and Certifications:
Mr. Lawrence Moccia
Mr. Moccia Week of May, 27, 2020 Due Sunday 5/31/20 at 11:59 PM
1. Please complete Workbook pages p. 164-166 and p. 170.
2. You may write the answers on a separate page.
3. You can download the word file for these work book pages below.
High School Students who have signed up for SUNY Farmingdale College link , please go to this website https://farmingdale.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_0UMINNX8BCnbyUR and fill out the survey.
Mr. Moccia - Memorial Day Activity due Tuesday May 26, 2020.
1. Please watch the following video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOPywsx0MKM
2. After watching the PBS Documentary write a 1 page reflection on it.
Mr. Moccia - week of 5/18/20 - office hours 8:00-12:30 pm
1. Read and outline ch. 20.2 . P. 401-415. File name - Ch. 20.2
2. Read the Case study on p. 414. Answer all 4 questions
3. P. 414 - Answer it # 1-10
4. P. 415 - Put it together # a-j
5. Money Madness P. 405
Mr. Moccia - Week of 5/11/20
1. Read and outline ch. 21.1 (p. 390- p. 400).
2. Answer the following questions and submit:
a. What are the three reasons to put money into a bank account.
b. Name and describe the 5 kinds of banks.
c. What three factors you must consider when choosing a bank? Which one is the most important and why?
d. What are the 2 basic types of personal bank accouts? What is the difference between the two?
e. What are the four things you need to do at the bank in order to open up a savings account?
f. What are the 6 parts of a check, and what is a check register?
g. What are the 2 most important parts of managing your bank account?
h. What are 4 things you can use an ATM machine for?
i. Money madness - p.397
f. What is the difference between savings and investing? What are the 3 basic types of savings accounts?
g. What are the 2 basic types of investments and how are they different?
Mr. Moccia - Week of 5/4/20
1. Students will have an extra day to submit any assignment that is late. 5/3/20
2. Please see the attached word file named workbook pages ch. 19 and 20. You can find the file by paging down and it will be in the left side of the page.
3. Print out the file and answer each page. These pages cover material from ch. 19 and ch. 20.
Mr. Moccia's students - week 4/27/20
1. Open Word File named Ch. 20.2docx. , you can find it by paging down 5 times and it will be in the left column, then Read P. 376 - P. 387. Outline what you read. This includes all bold faced words
2. P. 376 Solve Money Madness.
3. P. 381 Career Counsel
4 Copy the chart on P. 382 into your notes
5. P.384 Tech Connect
6. P.386 Answer it! # 1-10
7. P. 387 Matching Column
Mr. Moccia's students can find their workl week of 4/20/20
1. Read and outline ch. 20.1 (p. 366- 375)
2. Define the following in your notebooks: Money, bartered, face value, Federal Reserve, purchasing power, currency, financial needs and wants, standard of living, financial decision, financial goals, short term goals, long term goals, budget, income, expenses, fixed expense, variable expense, estimate, surplus, and deficit
3. P. 367 - Money around the world. Pick a foreign currency and find 5 facts about it. Compare it's value against the US Dollar.
4. P. 368 Numbers Game
5. P 370 If you had $100 how would you spend it? Don't forget to put 20% into your Savings account.
6. P. 375 Is the monthly budget on P 375 a SURPLUS or Deficit budget?
Mr. Moccia's students can find their workl week of 3/16
1. Read ch 6.1 pdf and answer questions # 1- 6 on Page 146
2. Read ch. 6.2 pdf and answer questions # 1-6 on page 160
3. Read p. 161 and answer questions 1-3 on p. 161
4. answer multiple choice questions # 1-12 on p. 163
Week of 3/23/2020 - Mr. Moccia's hours 8:30 am - 12-30 PM
1. Print out and read ch 8.1 pdf
2. Outline the chapter in your notes
3. Define vocab words on p. 211
4. Copy the following diagrams into your notes
a. figure 8.1 - p. 213
b. figure 8.2 - p. 215
c. figure 8.3 - p. 217
5. Answer "Reviewing the chapter questions" on p. 222
Week of March 30 - Mr. Moccia's Hours 8:00am to 12:30
1. read and outline p. 326 to P. 339.
2. define all bold type words into your notes.
3. Answer questions #1-10 on p. 338
4. Complete the matching column on p. 33
5. Complete the Money Madness question on p. 337.
All completed work must be emailed to me ASAP
Week of April 6 - Mr. Moccia's Hours 8:00 AM to 12:30PM
1. Term paper on the COVID-19 Virus, and what damage was done to America's Economy, Businesses, and Entrepreneurs.
2. The paper should be at least 2 pages typed, plus a bibliography. Wikipedia can not be a source!
3 The paper will have the following parts to it.
a. What was the state of the U.S. Economy prior to the outbreak of COVID-19. What was the unemployment rate prior to this virus, and what was the Dow Jones Industrial number on 3/6/20. What is the Dow at on 4/6/20
b. What econmoic shape was the countries of England, France, Germany, South Korea, Japan, and China prior to the virus, and what shape are they in today.
c. Describe the Trump Administration's, Gov. Cuomo's Admin., and the City of Yonkers' preparations for the virus and what is being done now.
d. Describe the importance of the $2.2 trillion CARES Act. What is in this legislation and how will it help the economy, citizens and entrpreneurs.
4. The paper should have a conclusion that gives your opinion on the virus and how Americans are affected by COVID 19. Do you think America can come back from this.
This paper must be emailed to me by 11:59 PM on Friday April 9th.
Week of April 13, 2020 - Mr. Moccia's Hours 8:00 AM- 12:30 PM
1. Read and outline ch. 19 (p. 342-p. 361).
2. Make sure all vocab. terms(bold faced words) are in your notes.
3. Copy chart on p. 350(Traditional Structures)into your notebook. As well as the 2 charts on P. 351.
4. Money madness problem on p. 344
5. Read Angel Investor on p. 345 and answer the question at the end of the passage.
6. Read the Tech Connect on p. 346. Answer the question at the end of the passage.
7. p. 352 (10 red bullets) copy into your notes.
8. Copy the 5 characteristics of a successful Sales Person into your notes.
9. Read the case study on P. 360 and answer the 3 questions.
10. Answer it! p. 360. #1-10.
11. Put it together p. 361 # 1-10.
Work is due by email on Sun. 4/19/20 @ 11:59 PM